From its origins in a famous trattoria in the province of Parma at the beginning of the last century, the Incerti Group has now become the most important actor in the Parma hotel and tourism industry.
Family-run for over ninety years, the business is now in the capable hands of
the fifth generation, Caterina and Francesco Incerti.
Its constant aim of conjugating dynamic and state-of-the-art hospitality with
respect for the environment and constant checks on the consumption and pollution
of its facilities, shows that it has the well-being of its customers at heart,
as do the sanitisation procedures in rooms and common areas based on specially
From foremost actor in the Parma town area and province, as a result of its considerable investments in innovations,
the Incerti Group is now also present in the Reggio area.
The INC Hotels Group brand includes all the Groupâ€™s accommodation facilities which number 200 rooms,
19 apartments, around 500 beds, restaurant service for approx. 300 place settings
and conference facilities for 400 persons.
New purchases with a view to extending the development that the company has always
favoured are also being examined.
Consistent with the principles, philosophy and values which have inspired and
continue to inspire its business, the Incerti family is not just interested in
a simple even if important business enterprise but also has the aim of promoting
Parma together with its people, products and life style through constant training
and the valorisation of its human resources.
THE INCERTI GROUP - 100 YEARS IN A PAGE
- Originates in the province of Parma in 1908 in a trattoria next to the tram stop,
a meeting place for the wayfarers and customers drawn to the area by its large
tomato processing plants.
- The group is also based on Emio Incerti Seniorâ€™s brilliant idea of sending his
son Socrate to be trained in the hotel and tourism industry in 1943.
- Socrate initially began his career in 1944 as a clerk, then continued as manager
of the Hotel Restaurant Milano in Parma, 47 rooms and a renowned restaurant -
temporarily interrupted by the 1944 April bombing. Socrate returned to the Hotel
Milano from 1945 to 1948 and later ran Parmaâ€™s first catering business at the
Ariston party fair up to 1957.
- In 1957 Socrate returned to the Hotel Milano as partner and manager.
- In 1958 Emio Incerti, Socrateâ€™s and Mariaâ€™s son and the present chairman of the
Group, was born.
- 21/02/1962 together with his wife, Maria Buratti, Socrate became the owner of
the Hotel Milano.
- 1968 saw the birth of Maria Giovanna, Socrateâ€™s second-born and current Group
- In 1978 Emio married Graziella Grossi initially admin. manager in 1988, then
in charge of Group quality control and from 2002 to 2007 also of the Angiol dâ€™Or
restaurant in Piazza Duomo.
- 1978 saw the birth of Emioâ€™s and Graziellaâ€™s daughter Caterina, today responsible
for the Groupâ€™s financial and tax administration.
- In 1978 the Campus Apartments experience, one of Parmaâ€™s first Tourist Residences
- 1982 saw the birth of Emioâ€™s and Graziellaâ€™s second child, Francesco, now revenue
manager and responsible for overseeing the development of the group.
- In 1988 the Farnese International Hotel di Parma with 76 rooms, restaurant, conference
rooms and a Best Western hotel since 2001, opened.
- In 1993 Maria Giovanna married Giovanni Tesauro, Group IT manager and currently
Parma Holiday Inn Express manager.
- Maria Giovannaâ€™s and Giovanniâ€™s children, Filippo, Giulia and Tommaso Tesauro,
the next future of the Group, were born respectively from 1995 to 1999.
- In 1998 the Incerti Group bought the Hotel Forum at Santâ€™Ilario: 54 rooms, restaurant
and conference room.
- In 2004 the Parma Holiday Inn Express was launched: 70 rooms, restaurant and
conference room. The first large-scale International brand arrived in Parma, as
further confirmation if needed of the Groupâ€™s pioneering bent.
- In 2004 INC Hotels Group the consortium containing all the Incerti Group enterprises was launched.
- 2005 is the year of the Palazzo Toscani, 19 apartments for medium/long-term stays
- In 2008 the Hotel San Marco became part of the INC Hotels family: 112 rooms,
9 conference rooms and the renowned â€śIncontroâ€ť Restaurant.
- In 2008 the Best Western Hotel Farnese also moved up in the hotel world to 4-star
status with a surprising new appearance.